Chickpeas Biryani

Hot steaming biryani always tempts me a lot...As I have said before, I am always ready to eat any rice variety. Biryani is one of my favourites....very flavourful, spicy and delicious rice. Served with a simple raita, maybe a pickle and papad...its just heaven for me :) I can finish it off in no time !! Chickpeas biryani is a healthy and delicious one, I would say a complete meal. I make biryani in pressure cooker itself which I find very simple and an easy method. I served it with a simple onion tomato raita. Hope you all will try this out.



Serves 3-4

You need...

1 cup Basmati rice
3/4 cup cooked Chickpeas
1 Onion chopped
2 small Tomatoes chopped
1 tsp Ginger-Garlic paste
1 tbsp broken Cashews
2-3 tsp Biryani masala
1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
1 tsp Chilli powder
2-3 Green chillies slit
2-3 tsp Ghee / Oil
some Coriander leaves chopped
1.5 cup Water
Salt

Whole Spices
1" pc Cinnamon
2 Cloves
2 Cardamoms
1 Star Anise
1 Bay leaf


To prepare...

Wash and soak the rice for half an hour. Heat ghee in a pressure cooker. Add all the ingredients listed under Whole Spices. Fry until it leaves aroma. Now add cashews and fry till slight brown.

Add onions and ginger-garlic paste, saute until onions become transparent. Add tomatoes and green chillies, saute until tomatoes turn mushy. Now add turmeric powder, chilli powder and biryani masala. Saute for a minute.

Add the cooked chickpeas, coriander leaves and salt to this, saute for a couple of minutes. Now add the rice and combine everything well. Finally add the water and mix well. Pressure cook for 2 whistles. Serve the hot biryani with a raita, pickle and papad.




Sending this to the following events:

Kerala Kitchen, hosted by Prathibha , original event announcement here.
SpotLight: Colourful Holi at Cuisine Delights




No comments:

Post a Comment